Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ruger Mark III .22 pistol

My friend and I finished up our day of indoor shooting by shooting his Ruger Mark III, a totally beautiful gun and, like all of his weapons, impeccably clean and flawless.  He has a laser sight mounted on his and boy was that fun.  After being shaken up by the 9mm, it was fun to shoot a gun that had a lot of mass and felt utterly recoilless.  I couldn't get the red dot to stay on the bullseye at 50-yards, but I could get it to oscillate around in the target like an electron bouncing around, and that bullet went where the dot was when you pulled the trigger!  We were actually able to shoot some pretty good groups, and it made me anxious to get my .22 semi-automatic out and shoot it.  After this session, we swept up the brass and called it a day.  What a good time I had, right up until lunch was over and I was hit by body aches and chills and a good head cold, right out of the blue.  I spent the next 24 hours in bed, but God must love shooters, because all this misery was put off until after we had left the range!

No comments:

Post a Comment