Monday, March 4, 2013

Footnote B

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_870

It is good to have as much information about a particular model of gun as possible because the time always comes when you want to tinker.  In the case of this gun, I have tinkered only with different chokes.  I am not yet a proficient enough trap shooter and need to firm up those skills at least to the level that differences in the gun outweigh differences in my form.  That is going to take some doing, but I have started along this arduous road.  One has to remember, in the end, that this is a field gun, which my new-found friends at the trap range in Florida are always reminding me.  I know they are encouraging me to get a side-by-side or an over and under trap gun but I am a shabby chic.  I am fascinated by some of the older and classic inventions of shooting.  But we will see, because I have friends who will let me try out some of their instruments of clay pigeon annhiliation and I may get hooked.

In the meantime, this is a fairly good compendium of the salient points in the development of this shotgun and I sure love mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment