Sunday, September 22, 2013

Zebco Mercury w/Bass Pro Shops PowerRod

Zebco Mercury Reel mounted on Bass Pro Shops PowerRod

A fishing rod 'n reel are dangerous, game-getting weapons as well as firearms and bows! I have a penchant for cheap ones, though...this one is particularly pretty for a Zebco, a brand which has been around forever and which always makes the cheapest stuff.  I love the looks of this one, though, and the bonus was that I picked it and the rod up for about 2-dollars apiece because the reel needed repair. It was not too difficult to take it apart and repair a plastic spindle which had a metal reinforcer to hold a gear. Super glue took care of that. A good cleaning and lubrication of all the moving parts and we were good to go.

My tackle is also a huge mishmash of inherited lures and various junk, which I try to lose every time I go out, usually to no avail.

No comments:

Post a Comment