Friday, September 27, 2013

Level 2 Fishing - Lake Monona

Level 2 Fishing outing -- Lake Monona

Took the Zebco Mercury/PowerRod and sat on a little kayak/canoe dock at the edge of the park that is just north of the inlet of Starkweather Creek into Lake Monona, for an hour and a half.  I call it a level 2 day because indeed fish jumped out on the lake, but I got no strikes on my spoons, Mister Twisters, French spinners, and little plastic fish.  In the late 60's, Otis Redding's plane crashed into Lake Monona, killing the Blues singer.  I was a bit melancholy to think that here I was, actually sittin' on the dock of the bay near that place, like in his famous song.  I was in Madison, at a friend's house a couple blocks away shortly after it happened, and he was in possession of a piece of fuselage from the plane that had Otis painted on it.  I am told that this item is now on display in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment