Friday, July 12, 2013

Savage Model 842 30-30 Rifle

The 30-30 is a nice caliber rifle, although I do not happen to own one (yet).  My friend who came for the weekend brought his Savage, an old-timer, to sight in.  I love old-timers.  Bolt action with the magazine missing because he had loaned it to a brother-in-law, we shot a few groups with it.  After he felt fairly comfortable with it, I endeavored to shoot a very careful 3-shot group, which turned out to be low and under the target!  It was raining hard by then and we gave up rather than have me change my sight picture and try another one.  The gun shot very nicely, although it is old, rugged, and a little beat up. 

The weather stayed bad and we didn't get another chance to go out back with it, but we had as much fun as we could, and I derived pleasure from handling and shooting this old-timer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment