Monday, July 22, 2013

Cooey Model 82 .22 caliber Rifle

Cooey Model 82 Rifle .22 caliber Rifle (light stock)

 
Having shot the dark stock Cooey Canadian, I decided to shoot the light one as well, and what a surprise was in store for me!  While the previous model stuck out the best group so far, the light model was fraught with problems!  First of all, I had a real difficult time getting a legal 5-shot group!  My first effort gave a nice 4-shot group with the fifth nowhere to be found!  Then I tried a couple more and got one marginal one only by including the tape that held on an adjacent target.  In addition to that, the gun had bolt issues...sometimes when I ejected a casing, the bolt would jump the restraints and come right out the back of the action!  This happened several times unless I gently operated the mechanism.  Oh boy! 
I finally put up a larger target and did manage to get a couple more groups to at least get this gun on the charts.  It may be an ammunition issue, because I shot a box of Thunderbolt LR.  We'll see how that goes down the road.
The two groups that I was able to score were:
4.9-inches
3.4-inches
 
The best one was good for 14th place of shooting so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment