Thursday, June 27, 2013

Lee Enfield .303 cal MK2 (F) rifle

Lee Enfield .303 calibre MK2 (F) rifle

 
I had so much fun a couple weeks ago shooting my friend's Enfield Mark I that I decided to put my Mark II through the paces.  I bought this rifle some time ago at a resale or antique store in the good old days when they were not afraid to sell firearms.  It's a beauty but I have to admit that I have never shot it!  That is unacceptable, so I brought it out, set up the target at 100-yds and the telescope on the shooting deck, and shot three 3-shot groups.  The gun has a large circular rear aperature and the front sight between two bars.  I shot the first group trying to center the front sight in the circle and the pattern was high and to the right but a very respectable 4.8-arc seconds, tying the best I have done so far this year.  For the second group, I rested the front sight on the bottom center of the circle and at the bottom edge of the target.  One hit the paper and two went under!  For the third group, I rested the front bead on the bottom of the circle and dead center.  I shot a fantastic 3.6 arc-second group in the central area of the target and was very happy.  This gun has a good barrel, I think!  Lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment