Monday, August 12, 2013

Bennelli Supernova Tactical finish 12-Ga Shotgun

Bennelli 12-GA Supernova (tactical finish)

One of my friends had visited Florida this past winter and brought his son-in-law's Supernova to shoot while there and I didn't take the opportunity to shoot it the few times we were able to go. Back in Wisconsin, he had to return the gun but had liked it so much that he bought a new one for himself. I went up to Portage to shoot with him, having been rained out the last time I tried, and unfortunately my 870 locked up on me (I have isolated the problem to the hammer/trigger assembly and am taking it to a gunsmith).  I had brought a 16-Ga back-up and darned if the bolt didn't come out and wouldn't go back in.  I was quite disappointed in it all, but my friend handed me the Bennelli to do a round. I was flustered, but took it to the line and shot 18 with it.  Except for a couple of fantastic times, I don't usually shoot better than 18 so I was satisfied.  The gun was balanced well and felt nice and light, a good pointer for a field gun.  It was a great pleasure to shoot it. The action was pretty much identical to the 870, although it seemed a wee bit larger and maybe an inch longer than mine.  All in all it was a good day because I got a chance, finally, to shoot this gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment