Saturday, May 25, 2013

Footnote Q: .177 cal ammunition holdings

.177 caliber ammunition stock in Akbar's Armory

I have a good many rounds of pellet ammunition, probably more than I can shoot.  Much of it was inherited from my dad who was a pellet rifle and pistol afficiando.  Since I just ran an experiment on some Daisy ammo that I picked up at WalMart, with the Hammerli pistol, I dug out my storage case and made a list of what is available to shoot at caliber .177

Diabolo-Kugeln Match, two cans of 500 and 8 tins of 100 each, packed in foam = 1800 rounds
Meister-Kugeln, 3 tins of 100                                                                               = 300 rounds
Bimoco-Diabolo,                                                                                                   =750 rounds
Minuteman (UK)                                                                                                   =500 rounds
Daisy (3-style packs)                                                                                             = 450 rounds
                                                    Total = 3800 rounds

CO2 cannisters, short                  Total = 17 cannisters

The first three are German manufacture and probably cannot be obtained any longer. I think I could reduce my supply down to about 2000 rounds before worrying about restocking any, but it is tempting when either bargains or something new come along.  It is very fun to test different shapes of pellets and compare the tightness of the groups they produce.  It is a way of competing against myself and having different guns compete against one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment